1. Applicability. Notwithstanding the heading “Combined Transport”, the provisions set out and referred to in this
Bill of Lading shall also apply, if the transport as described in this Bill of Lading is performed by one mode of
2. Definitions. “Carrier” means the party on whose behalf this Bill of Lading has been signed.
”Actual Carrier” is the party that performs the contract.
“Merchant” includes the Shipper, the Receiver, the Consignor, and the Consignee, the holder of this Bill of Lading and the owner of the goods.
“Holder” means any person in lawful possession of this Bill of Lading and to whom the property in the goods has
passed by consigning the goods or endorsement of this Bill of Lading.
“Goods” means the cargo received from the Shipper and includes a container not supplied by the carrier.
“Container” includes a Container, trailer, transportable tank, flat rack, pallet or any other form of cargo carrying unit whatsoever.
“Carriage” means the whole of the operations and the services undertaken by the carrier in respect of the goods. “Combined Transport” is when the place of acceptance and/or the place of delivery are set out on page one in the relevant margins.
The contract evidenced by this Bill of Lading is between the Merchant and the Owner of the vessel named on page
one (or substitute).
It is expressly agreed that the registered owner shall be liable for any and all damage or loss due
to or any breach of contract or non-performance of an obligation arising from the contract of carriage whether
relating to the vessels seaworthiness or not. The address and style of the registered owners is available from
Lloyd’s Register or the agents issuing this document. If, notwithstanding the above mentioned, it is adjudged
that any other party is the Carrier and/or bailee under this contract, all limitations and exonerations from liability
provided for by law or by this Bill of Lading shall be available to this other party.
3. Carrier’s Tariff. The terms of the Carrier’s applicable Tariff at the date of shipment are incorporated herein. Copies
of the relevant provisions of the applicable Tariff are available from the Carrier and/or their agents. In the case
of inconsistency between this Bill of Lading and the applicable Tariff, this Bill of Lading shall prevail.
4. Time Bar. All liability, whatsoever, of the Carrier shall cease unless suit is brought within 9 months after delivery of the goods or the date when the goods have or should have been delivered.
5. Law and Jurisdiction. Disputes arising under this Bill of Lading shall be determined by the High Court of Justice
in London and in accordance with the English law.